1 in 3 of Us CampaignPosted May 7, 2015, 12:00 pm by
Did you know that 1 in 3 young people will be in an abusive or unhealthy relationship? Your close friends may be suffering dating violence right now, and you may not know it.
So What Can We Do About It?
The line between “she texts me constantly because she loves me” and “this is unhealthy” can be super blurry. By spotting and acting on the signs of abusive partners, you can promote healthy relationship behavior.
Sign up to receive our 1 in 3 of Us Kit, which includes:
- Three Spot the Signs guides created in partnership with the CDC
- Three 1 in 3 of Us metallic tattoo bracelets
When you receive the kit:
- Share the guides and bracelets with two different friends and keep a set for yourself!
- Talk through the Spot the Signs Guide with friends to arm yourself with skills to detect signs of unhealthy relationships
- Then, you and your friends each put on a 1 in 3 of Us metallic tattoo and pose together for a picture on Instagram where you’ll share with your social networks
- For your Instagram caption, be sure to write: “Statistically, one of us will be in an abusive relationship. Learn to spot the warning signs: text RESPECT to 38383. Together we will change this stat. #1in3ofUs”
- Arts Testimonials
- Career Advice
- College Admissions
- Colleges & Universities
- For Counselors
- For Parents
- For Students
- Gap Testimonials
- Gap Years
- Online Learning
- Performing & Visual Arts
- STEM Testimonials
- Summer Programs
- Summer Testimonials
- Teen Volunteering
- TeenLife News
- Tutoring & Test Prep
- Volunteer Testimonials