- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Art and Design
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year + Graduate
- Type: Private
- Testing Requirements: Test Optional
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Other
- Gender: Girls Only
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $35,788
- Out of State Tuition: $35,788
- Delivery: Day, Residential, Online
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 5002
- IPED: 138600
As an art or art history major or minor at Agnes Scott, students experience ways that studio art and art history complement and inform one another. Concepts are also distilled from many other fields of study&mdashincluding history, literature, science, anthropology, and social justice.
The program in art and art history recognizes the inherent expressive value of art, its enrichment of the human experience, and the dependence of global culture on visual literacy. Our curriculum challenges students to create, read, and analyze images through written and oral communication, critical thinking, and experiential learning.
Our mission speaks strongly to the process of creativity, rather than the product. Through a collaborative approach to teaching and learning, we offer an integrated program that compels students to consider the practices required of professional artists and art historians. We create an environment that empowers students to hone their individual expression, engage in a productive dialogue with their peers, and contribute significantly to the world at large.