- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Health Care, Languages and Literature, Psychology and Counseling, Liberal Arts
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Private
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Other
- Gender: Girls Only
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $45,936
- Out of State Tuition: $45,936
- Delivery: Day
- Affiliation: The Coalition Application
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 2038
- IPED: 189097
Barnard College offers a rigorous liberal arts foundation to young women whose curiosity, drive, & exuberance set them apart. With over 45 majors, the Barnard curriculum enables students to develop strength in ways of knowing that incorporate but also to transcend traditional academic disciplines.
Since our founding in 1889, Barnard has been known for its distinctive academic culture, with a commitment to the liberal arts at its core. Students experience the humanities, sciences, languages, social sciences, and the arts, and develop the kind of critical thinking theyll need in whatever field they choose to pursue. On our leafy four-acre campus on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, our world-class faculty of teacher-scholars educates nearly 2,400 inspired and intrepid undergraduate womenwomen who, as a matter of course, have gone on to achieve great things. Throughout our history, Barnard graduates have made their mark as leaders in the arts, business, government, and science, and as activists for causes too numerous to name.