- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Architecture and Planning, Art and Design, Biological Sciences, Business and Entrepreneurship, Communications, Computer and Information Sciences, Education, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Languages and Literature, Mathematics and Statistics, Psychology and Counseling, Liberal Arts, STEM
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Public
- Campus Setting: Urban
- Testing Requirements: ACT, SAT
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Loans, Work Study
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $12,086
- Out of State Tuition: $36,220
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 4841
- IPED: 126614
- Call: (303) 492-6301
CU Boulder is a dynamic community of scholars and learners situated on one of the most spectacular college campuses in the country. CU Boulder has an established reputation for world-class teaching, research and service to the global society.
v. The act of reaching your fullest potential by surrounding yourself with a community that will support you, participating in experiences that will challenge you and living in an environment that will inspire you.
Located at the foot of the Rocky Mountains, the city of Boulder is a leading force in research, technology and entrepreneurship—a place where innovation happens. At the heart of the city, CU Boulder produces some of the best and brightest in these industries and is a primary source of Colorado’s highly skilled workforce. Our talented faculty, students and alumni are leading the way for the next generation by inspiring innovative, humanitarian and social enterprises.
- #1 city to start a business (Forbes, 2015)
- #1 area for female entrepreneurship (Fast Company, 2015)
- #2 most innovative tech hub in the U.S. (Forbes, 2015)
- 92 new companies have been founded based on technologies developed at CU Boulder since 1994 with 72 still in operation
At the cornerstone of your experience are our innovative academic programs, hands-on opportunities and rigorous course work that will prepare you for a complex global society. Within our supportive learning community you’ll interact with our faculty—which includes Nobel laureates, MacArthur “Genius Grant” fellows, U.S. Professor of the Year awardees and National Medal of Science winners—who will be listening, questioning and helping you refine your ideas so you can develop a broad understanding of the world, strong leadership skills and an enhanced ability to think critically.
CU Boulder has eight colleges, schools and programs: College of Arts and Sciences; College Engineering and Applied Science; College of Media, Communication and Information; College of Music; Leeds School of Business; School of Education; School of Law and the Program in Environmental Design. Amongst them, we offer more than 3,900 academic courses across 150 fields of study, enabling you to create an academic experience that is totally unique to you.
At CU Boulder, the hard work happening in our classrooms, labs, recital halls and studios is passionately balanced with enjoying the beauty that surrounds us. We have one of the most active college campuses in the nation, where recreation, sports and student groups play key roles in the unique CU Boulder experience. Within our inclusive community, you’ll find many ways to get involved and make lifelong friends. And, you will have the opportunity to serve the greater good through volunteerism and civic engagement, whether it’s around the world or across the street.
CU Boulder graduates continue to Be Boulder as they enter the workforce or begin their graduate school education. With their hands-on experience, world-class education and the ability to think critically, globally and creatively, they benefit from a strong salary potential, high employment rates and the opportunity to find and excel in a career they are passionate about.
- 91% of CU Boulder graduates were employed or in graduate school 6 months after graduation
- 77% of CU Boulder graduates are accepted into their first-choice graduate school
- $50,000 median starting salary of students with bachelor’s degrees
- $89,900 median career salary of students with bachelor’s degrees
Live in spectacular surroundings and learn in a campus environment of extraordinary opportunities. Come to CU Boulder and discover who you can be.