- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Health Care, Protective Services, Psychology and Counseling, Liberal Arts
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Public
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $10,292
- Out of State Tuition: $29,478
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 5814
- IPED: 163286
As a globally-connected university offering a world-class education, the University of Maryland prepares our students to be successful in today's knowledge-based, global economy.
Driven by the pursuit of excellence, the University of Maryland has enjoyed a remarkable rise in accomplishment and reputation over the past two decades. By any measure, Maryland is now one of the nation's preeminent public research universities and on a path to become one of the world's best. To fulfill this promise, we must capitalize on our momentum, fully exploit our competitive advantages, and pursue ambitious goals with great discipline and entrepreneurial spirit. This promise is within reach.