- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Business and Entrepreneurship, Communications, Law, Music
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year + Graduate
- Type: Public
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Other
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $6,071
- Out of State Tuition: $20,896
- Delivery: Day
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 4489
- IPED: 180489
Our mission is to provide an instructional program in visual art that will develop professional artists, art historians/critics, art educators, and an informed public. Visual images are a powerful means of communication and we strive to set a high standard of literacy in this dominant language.
The School of Art provides comprehensive education in studio art, including intensive hands-on studio practice, inter-disciplinary studies, art history, criticism, and theory. Programs provide thorough professional training for students interested in careers in the field of art.