- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Business and Entrepreneurship, Health Care, Philosophy and Religion, Psychology and Counseling
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Private
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Loans, Other, Work Study
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $40,510
- Out of State Tuition: $40,510
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 2967
- IPED: 216667
Our mission at Washington & Jefferson College in Pennsylvania is to graduate people of uncommon integrity, competence and maturity who are effective lifelong learners and responsible citizens, and who are prepared to contribute substantially to the world in which they live.
W&J students thrive both inside and outside of the classroom. Our vibrant residence life program is uniquely student-centered, with three of our twelve residence halls designed as themed communities centered around common intellectual, social or political ideologies that are chosen by the students themselves. A current sampling includes Pet House, where residents are allowed to own and care for animals, and Green House, where residents practice sustainable living. We also offer more than 80 student clubs and organizations. With options like Young Entrepreneurs Society, Film Club and Big Brothers/Big Sisters (just to a name a few) Presidents have no shortage of opportunities for campus involvement and community service.