- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Art and Design, Biological Sciences, Business and Entrepreneurship, Computer and Information Sciences, Education, Environmental Sciences, Health Care, Languages and Literature, Law, Mathematics and Statistics, Physical Science, Psychology and Counseling, Liberal Arts, Social Services, General Study
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Private
- Campus Setting: Rural
- Testing Requirements: Test Optional
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Loans, Payment Terms, Work Study
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $40,700
- Out of State Tuition: $40,700
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 2971
- IPED: 197230
- Call: (315) 364-3264
The mission of Wells College is to educate students to think critically, reason wisely, and act humanely as they cultivate meaningful lives. Through Wells' academic program, residential atmosphere, and community activities, students learn and practice the ideals of the liberal arts.
The exploration of ideas from multiple perspectives. Connection with a close community of professors and friends. Seminar-like classes that allow for deep discussion and scholarship. An emphasis on experiential learning, collaboration and real-world preparation. A breathtaking campus on the shores of Cayuga Lake. These are just a few reasons why Wells is not your ordinary college education.
We attract a special kind of student—one who appreciates immersion in a wide range of liberal arts studies and a commitment to global citizenship. The Wells experience includes:
- Personal mentoring from professors—one teacher to every nine students
- A strong emphasis on experiential learning through internships, study abroad and original research. 100% of our students graduate with at least one internship under their belt
- A first-rate liberal arts foundation that combines classroom theory with real-world preparation
- Generous merit-based scholarship opportunities: Receive up to $115,000 towards your Wells education!
- The cultivation of global citizenship and social responsibility
- A connected, close-knit community on a beautiful Finger Lakes campus