Are you a high school student who wants to develop in-depth, real world skills in quantum computing? Through two semesters of weekly lectures, lab sections, and homework assignments, you will develop a foundational understanding of quantum computing, including basic linear algebra, quantum mechanics, quantum computation and information, and quantum algorithms.
Students will spend the first half of the course developing skills in math and Python. The second half of the course will focus on coding quantum circuits and quantum algorithms, leading to students coding on a real quantum computer. Some of the topics covered include:
- Perform linear algebra operations that represent quantum gates
- Use Python libraries to send a circuit to a quantum computer and analyze the results
- Conceptually understand important quantum algorithms such as Grover's algorithm
- Implement quantum key distribution (QKD) in Python
- Run a Variational Quantum Eigensolver to simulate a molecule
For grades 9-12.