- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Kenya
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Program Length: One Week
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Community Service
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Homestay, Other
- Application Fee: $199
Be a volunteer for the 1 Weeks Special Volunteer Program in Kenya, work in and around the city of Nairobi and experience the best that the country has in store for you! This program would be perfect for those who have very little time in hand yet keen to travel to Kenya and volunteer for a meaningful cause.
As a volunteer, you'll be working in a Childcare Center, where the orphaned and abandoned babies are sheltered. Your main role would be to shower these adorable little ones with the love and care that they deserve. Apart from that, you'll have other work like cleaning the babies and changing diapers, feeding the babies, cooking the lunch, teaching the young ones and playing with them. Needless to say, it'll be an amazing learning journey and it'll change your way to look at life.
1. Spend an amazing week exploring and volunteering in Kenya
2. Work with children and make a difference in their lives
3. Explore the capital city of Nairobi, soaking in the authentic Kenyan vibes
4. Go for a thrilling game drive in Nairobi National Park and spot the Big Cats
5. Meet some amazing people from different parts of the world
Volunteers must be 17 years or older at the time of joining the project. Participants should have an open mind and flexible attitude for working in a new and different environment. Volunteers need to be flexible, open-minded and have a passion for working with children. You should also be proactive and have the ability to take initiative All volunteers must provide a clean criminal background check report prior to joining the program. A parental consent form shall be required for Under 18 participants joining the program.