- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: South Africa
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: None
- Program Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Academic Year, Semester, Quarter, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Environmental Conservation
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Other
- Financial Aid: Not Available
- Minimum Cost: < $1,000
This gap year program in South Africa is a volunteer initiative focusing on preventing the growing problems of plastic pollution and climate change.
Students will gain plenty of hands-on experience as they help with local community service projects. They can expect tackling coastal clean-ups, alien invasive clearing, and eco-brick projects. In addition, they will help with the Recycling Swop Shop, a recycling exchange system used by the local residents. They'll be educated in conservation efforts and how to monitor the biodiversity of the area. Furthermore, students will participate in workshops that take place in the classrooms and in the beautiful nature of South Africa. Clearly, this is an amazing opportunity for students passionate about helping the environment and minimizing their environmental footprint!