- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Credit Awarded: High School, College
- Program Length: Other
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Not Available
- Application Fee: $30
- Financial Aid: Not Available
- Minimum Cost: < $1,000
Ashcan Studio’s 12 Month Portfolio Development Program provides middle school, high school and college students with an intensive Visual Arts learning experience. Together, faculty and students prepare for the art school admissions process and the creative development of an outstanding portfolio.
Your portfolio is THE MOST critical component to a College or Graduate School application. Developing a unique and coherent body of work is of paramount importance and essential to the pursuit of higher studies. The Visual Art Programs at Ashcan will help you stimulate creative and critical thinking through the practice of experimentation in the studio. Process, open- dialogue, and familiarization with materials are all promoted and focused upon. We encourage artistic expression and experimentation in order to develop skills, confidence, and openness to new creative ideas and cultures.