- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Program Length: Academic Year, Semester, Quarter, Other
- Start Month: March, May, November
- Category: Career Exploration
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Application Fee: $21
- Minimum Cost: < $1,000
The Care Navigator Scholar program offers individuals the opportunity to gain firsthand experience in improving health outcomes. As a Care Navigator Scholar, you will receive training to prepare you to connect patients to educational resources, community-based opportunities, and more.
Why Care Navigator Scholar?
- Learn about population health management across the care continuum
- Increase knowledge of the impact of social determinants on health outcomes and the changing health care landscape
- Assist in educating patients about their conditions and care options
- Improve care by leveraging both health system and community-based resources
- Learn important administration skills necessary for documentation in a health care setting
- Enhance health care industry knowledge by engaging in outpatient and inpatient settings
- Develop communication and customer service skills
- Prepare yourself for a healthcare administration career path
Upon completion of the program, graduates will distinguish themselves as top candidates for employment in the health care industry. The program is offered year-round at select sites in California with 9-month and 6-month options. The 9-month program requires an average of 1 to 2 four-hour shifts per week. The 6-month option requires that students shift a minimum of 2 four-hour shifts per week.
These sites currently offer the Care Navigator Program: Adventist Health Glendale, Kaiser Permanente Riverside, Kaiser Permanente South Bay, Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital, and St. Joseph Hospital of Orange.
Care Navigators must be accepted to, enrolled in or graduated from an accredited college or university and must be at least 18 years old by the application deadline for the entering cohort they wish to enroll in. If you are accepted into the program, you will be required to attend a three-day training where we will provide you with all the information you need to know to be a successful Care Navigator Scholar.