- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Credit Awarded: None
- Program Length: Academic Year
- Start Month: September, October
- Category: Academic
- Selective: Yes
- Gender: Girls Only
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Not Available
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Work Study
- Minimum Cost: $10,000 - $20,000
After completing the GirlCode Program, you could land a junior software engineering role and make upwards of $70K, forge your path in the world of alternative education, have a clear sense of what you want to study in college, or maybe even join our team full time!
It’s 2016 and only 18% of software engineers are women. The GirlCode Program is designed to change that statistic and empower a community of passionate women to use technology to solve big problems in the world. ?
During the morning you will have an internship at The Coding Space doing either marketing, curriculum development, business development, or operations. Our team will place you according to your passion, skill-set and personal goals. In the afternoons you will be learning to coding or teaching Scratch in our after school program.
MENTORSHIP AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- You will meet world-class female mentors from Google, Mashable, or Pinterest
- Our team will help align the GirlCode Program to your goals in order for you to focus, develop, and hone in the skills you are passionate about?
- Take tech trips to visit New York’s biggest startups like Facebook, Google, Tumblr, or Buzzfeed?
TUITION & DATES
- The GirlCode Program begins in Fall 2016 (September or November depending on your available start date) and continues for 1 year
- The price for GirlCode Gap Year program is $14,000. This is comparable to a 2-3 month coding bootcamp in New York, but you will have a year of mentorship, computer science education, and internship experience all in this price.
- We do not provide housing, but can help match you with the resources to make finding housing in New York much easier.We also will connect you with other GirlCode Gap Year ladies if you want to live with them on your own
- You must be at least 18 to apply for the GirlCode Gap Year Program