- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Peru
- Program Length: Two Weeks
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Homestay
- Minimum Cost: $1,000 - $2,999
While Machu Picchu might be the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of Peru, but this incredible country has a lot more in store to offer you. Serve the underprivileged kids at rural nursery schools, explore the beauty of the heritage sites, learn Spanish and savor the taste of the local cuisine.
Duration: 2 weeks
Minimum Age: 18+
- Live in Cusco and work for the natives. Be a part of the community schools and get involved in teaching and playing with cute little kids and make a positive difference in the lives.
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Sites including Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley.
- Tickle your adventure cells and go for a hike at the Rainbow Mountains.
- Walk through the forest trails of the Amazon Rainforests and spot some endangered species.
- Experience the richness of the Peruvian culture and lifestyle while living with the locals.
- Learn the Spanish language, some salsa moves as well as cook delicious dishes like the Ceviche!
During the weekdays, you'll be engaging with the development work in rural nursery schools where the teacher-student ratio is extremely low. There's just 1 teacher to look after a class of 30 toddlers between the age of 3 to 5 years. You will provide care, love, and attention for these children as well as help the staff in administrative work. It'll be a learning journey for you and add more to your gap year experience.