- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Brazil, Costa Rica, United States, Bahamas
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: College
- Program Length: Six Weeks, Two Months, Semester, Other
- Start Month: January, February, September
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Selective: Yes
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Homestay, Other, Tents, Boat
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships
- Minimum Cost: $10,000 - $20,000
Whether you’ve just finished high school, are taking a break from the college classroom, or want a different challenge before launching your career – we have the perfect option for you. The Hurricane Island Outward Bound School’s Gap Year & Semester Programs provide opportunities to acquire new skills in some of the most beautiful areas of the world.
Activities include sailing, whitewater rafting and paddling, scuba, rock climbing, surfing and more. Accredited by the American Gap Association (AGA), our programs promote growth, learning and character development in team-based wilderness settings. Our students learn by practicing skills and working together, taught by enthusiastic instructors who are some of best educators in the industry.
College credit is available through a partnership with Western State College. 529 plans are able to be used for these programs, and financial aid is available.