- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Austria
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: College
- Program Length: Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Academic Year, Semester, Quarter, Other, Five Weeks
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Dorm, Homestay, Hotel, Student Apartment
Taking place in beautiful Vienna, this gap year program is focused on community service and learning the language of German.
During their stay, students will have the option to complete either a volunteer project, preceptorship, or internship. Some topics they should work on include animal welfare, medicine, and refugees. They will also have plenty of opportunities to engage with the local people and experience their culture. Students can expect to improve their mastery of the German language as they communicate with locals as well as their peers. Some other exciting activities to look forward to may include Vienna city walks, lessons on art and cuisine, and Austrian music. Students will surely come out of this event with refined German skills, invaluable life experiences, and plenty of new friendships.