- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Colombia
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: College
- Program Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Academic Year, Semester, Quarter, Other, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Homestay, Student Apartment
- Financial Aid: Not Available
IPSL's new and improved Colombia program allows students to learn and explore both the Andes and the Caribbean!
During their stay, students will take courses, be involved in community service organizations, and have the chance to experience Colombia like a local. Some topics they may study include the Afro-Caribbean culture, the Spanish language, and global education development. They will also spend plenty of times engaging with locals and helping them through service projects. These initiatives may include after school centers, displaced persons support, and social services. As part of their time there, students will also spend ten whole days on the coast of the Caribbean sea. There, they will participate in an excursion based course taught by experts in the field.