- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Australia
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: None
- Program Length: Other
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Other, Tents
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
- Financial Aid: Work Study
Call Sydney your home for a year! Meet like-minded backpackers and get access to 12 months of job finding assistance. Enjoy a fun orientation week with a trip to the Blue Mountains and an awesome surf camping weekend. Get a paid job and social network within a few weeks of arrival!
• Kick start your Aussie Adventure with a welcome orientation and job finding presentation
• Receive 12 months of access to an online database and job-finding support
• Earn good wages by obtaining a job in Australia to fund your living expenses as well as travels
• Join an instant group of friends and explore this incredible city whilst getting set up with work and accommodation.
• The team on the ground will take care of the tricky bits like your tax file number, medicare card, SIM and a bank account during your orientation week. You have support with jobs and travel for up to a year but the freedom to do whatever you like.
• The work available to you is plentiful, with the majority of the jobs at entry level positions in industries including admin, retail, hospitality, farming, factory and construction. The pay is pretty good too, allowing you to support yourself and save a bit of money for travelling.
• The terms of your visa allow you to work for one employer for a maximum of 6 months. After that initial 6 months, help is there to find another job, or you may decide to go off travelling with a pocket full of money!
• As part of the programme you will have 12 months of access to an exclusive online job database and job finding support.
• If you would like to travel and look for work outside Sydney you can receive support from our offices in Melbourne and even Auckland in New Zealand.
• You’ll spend the first four nights of your programme at the YHA Railway Square Hostel in the backpacker area of Sydney. It adjoins Central Station so you can easily explore all that Sydney has to offer. The hostel is purpose built and modern and has fantastic facilities, including a barbecue area, well equipped kitchen, clean and secure bedrooms and 24hr WiFi. Expect to share a room
• The final two nights are spent camping as you take part in an all-inclusive surfing trip
• During your orientation presentations, you will be given plenty of advice on where to find accommodation after your initial week is over. Some choose to stay at the hostel and some choose shared apartments in Sydney
• 6 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners during your orientation week
• Following this you are responsible for providing food for yourself unless it may be included by independent employers