- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Australia
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Program Length: Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Quarter, Other, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Hotel
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
Whether you start as a complete beginner, or a pro surf instructor aiming to improve your skills, this fully immersive surfing program will have you on your feet and riding the waves in no time!
• Become part of a small surfing camp community and enjoy a laid back lifestyle living on the beach
• Become a pro-surfing instructor by learning on some of the best surf beaches in Australia
• Video analysis sessions, strength & conditioning classes and breath enhancement training
• You’re only an hour away from Sydney!
The Surf development programme is based in a small surf town called Thirroul. This is about 30 minutes south of Sydney on the New South Wales coast .
Duration: 2 – 12 weeks
Eligibility: Need to be a confident swimmer.
With its beach culture and some of the top surfing spots in the world, it’s not surprising that the thought of surfing and Australia often go hand in hand. Whether you’re already a proficient surfer, or you’re looking to try out this thrilling sport for the first time, there really is no better place to develop and improve your skills, whilst enjoying the fun that comes with living within a friendly Australian surf camp community.
Choose from a 2, 4, 8 or 12 week surfing camp programme at one of the best surf schools in the country, each of which has been carefully designed with the aim of improving an individual’s surfing. Upon arriving at the surf camp, novices will embark upon an intensive 14 day schedule, designed to develop your technique from absolute beginner to intermediate, and give you the foundations to go beyond. If you choose to take part for longer than 2 weeks, you will continue to practice and hone your skills, fully immersing yourself in the rhythm of a surfing lifestyle and making great friends along the way with other like-minded people attending this fabulous surfers camp.
The College puts on weekly afternoon tourist activities for you to get involved in if you choose. These might include scenic bush walks, visiting national parks, swimming under huge waterfalls or climbing mountains. At the weekends, you will be free to do as you please. Set out with your new-found friends, and take the chance to explore the beautiful Australian coastline, lively cities and tranquil countryside, or simply make the most of your unspoilt beach-front location.