- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Belize, Costa Rica, Mexico, Guatemala
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: College
- Program Length: Two Months, Semester
- Start Month: February, September
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Cabins, Dorm, Homestay, Other, Tents
- Application Fee: $500
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships
- Minimum Cost: $10,000 - $20,000
Challenge yourself on this Central America gap year program journeying through the ancient ruins and spectacular land and seascapes of Mexico, Belize, Guatemala and Costa Rica.
Join us on an epic journey witnessing the cenotes of Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula and the tropical islands of Belize, through the rich highlands of volcanic Guatemala and down to the black sand beaches and exotic animals of Costa Rica. Our 70-day semester offers you an enriching and insightful fusion of environmental and animal rescue volunteer projects, cultural immersion, surfing, scuba diving, rafting, Spanish langue study, and, of course, non-stop adventure!
These four Central American countries may be close in geography, yet they could not be more diverse in nature. You will absorb, explore, interact with, and understand the beautiful diversity of these locations. Your days will be as varied as the countries you visit, with a fusion of hands-on volunteer work, camping under the stars, and healthy doses of mountains and beaches.