- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: United States, Hawaii
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: College
- Program Length: Semester
- Start Month: February, September
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Cabins, Dorm, Hotel, Tents, Student Apartment
- Application Fee: $500
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships
- Minimum Cost: $10,000 - $20,000
See the United States in a new light! This gap year program offers you enriching and inspiring experiences through the west frontier of the US and the chance to see the on and offshore beauty of Hawaii's Big Island!
This 10-week gap year semester program combines conservation volunteer projects in diverse reserves; outdoor expeditions including rock climbing, yoga and surfing; and educational adventure travel through the west’s stunning mountain, rainforest and desert environments.
Mountain bike through the famous red rocks of Sedona, stargaze on the summit of a dormant volcano in Hawaii, sled down the sand dunes of White Sands National Park and test your balance during a yoga retreat! You will also learn more about the weaving and cooking traditions of the Native Americans, the navigating skills of the indigenous Polynesians, and the National Parks’ efforts to mitigate deforestation and reintroduce endemic wildlife. Uncover more about your own backyard than you even knew existed.