- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Ecuador, Peru, Galapagos Islands
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: College
- Program Length: Two Months, Academic Year, Semester, Other
- Start Month: February, September
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Cabins, Dorm, Hotel, Tents, Student Apartment
- Application Fee: $499
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Payment Terms
- Minimum Cost: $10,000 - $20,000
Challenge yourself on this South America gap year program journeying through the incredible cultural and natural diversity of Peru, Ecuador, and the Galapagos Islands.
Join us to gain insight into the lives of indigenous Andean and Amazon communities while significantly improving your conversational Spanish ability. Participate in worthwhile community-initiated volunteer projects, wander the ancient streets of Quito and Cuzco, and be astounded by Machu Picchu, Lake Titicaca, and the incredible Galapagos Islands. You will trek, kayak, cycle, and snorkel through a range of environments from Andean peaks to the Amazon rainforest.
Students on this gap year program can develop meaningful connections with local people, gain knowledge of South America’s history, experience sustainable development, push personal boundaries, and develop their leadership skills. This experience combines immersive Spanish language study, hands-on volunteer projects, an Amazon rainforest expedition, rafting and snorkel excursions and tons of adventure travel!