- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Botswana, Ghana, Senegal, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Namibia, Malawi
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Program Length: Academic Year, Other
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Community Service
- Selective: Yes
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Dorm, Homestay, Student Apartment
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
Africa Project Trust sends volunteers to eight countries in the Africa, stretching the length of the continent from Ghana in the Northwest to the coast of South Africa. Other locations include Botswana, Malawi, Namibia, Senegal, South Africa and Zambia.
Live independently and explore your potential – with Project Trust.
If you are aged 17-25 and live in the UK, Ireland, or Europe then a Project Trust adventure could be your opportunity to challenge yourself, explore the world, and be a positive force within it.
Spending up to 12 months on placement means you will have a positive impact within your host community and share your learning and understanding. In doing so, you will develop your confidence through teaching, learning, and sharing skills – whilst building lasting friendships.
Project Trust has 50 years’ experience of providing Gap Year opportunities for young people. Now it’s your turn to empower yourself, explore your potential, and discover how you can have a year with no gaps. Project Trust is an Educational Gap Year Charity, sending roughly 300 school-leavers overseas every year to volunteer in mainly teaching, Social Care and Outward Bound projects across Africa, Asia and The Americas.