- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Ecuador, Galapagos Islands
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Program Length: Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Semester, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: Yes
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Application Fee: $250
- Minimum Cost: $1,000 - $2,999
1,000 km from the South American continent lies 19 islands, unworldly beauty, and endless adventure. On this unique trip, you’ll island-hop between 3 breathtaking islands to snorkel with sea lions, kayak pristine waters, hike active volcanoes, and much more. Exploring the islands without a cruise (and away from the crowds!) is equal parts intimate and magical. And for those looking to dive even deeper, you'll have a chance to give back through our locally-led conservation projects.
WHO WE ARE
Backed by over 15 years of experience in experiential education and the travel industry, BACK&PACK creates unique, self-guided trips for independently-minded travelers ages 18 to 30-something.
BACK&PACK was founded by adventurous spirits with a singular focus: to make independent travel experiences more responsible, intentional, authentic, challenging, and affordable.
WHAT WE DO
BACK&PACK provides global backpackers and gap year travelers with an alternative to mainstream group travel programs.
Our self-guided travel programs combine the fun, freedom, and flexibility of a fully independent travel (FIT) experience with the expert planning, service, and in-country support of a group, inclusive tour (GIT).
In short, we’re the best of both worlds. Join us and gain the resources and travel support you need to succeed abroad, all at a fraction of the cost of a traditional tour.