- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Ecuador, Peru
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: None
- Program Length: Four Weeks, Two Months
- Start Month: January, April, September
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Cabins, Homestay, Hotel, Other
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
- Financial Aid: Not Available
- Minimum Cost: $3,000 - $4,999
Gapforce's South America Explorer gives students the fantastic opportunity to visit both Peru and Ecuador!
This program combines adventure with wildlife conservation. Students can look forward to exploring Machu Picchu, the Amazon rainforest, and many more incredible sites! They can also expect to have close encounters with fascinating wildlife. Students will have plenty of opportunities to improve their Spanish skills as they spend time in Cusco, the old Inca capital. Other exciting activities may include surfing in the beach town of Mancora and visiting the Galapagos Islands. There, students will have the chance to visit the Charles Darwin Research centre! Of course, one of the highlights of this trip will be their time volunteering at an animal rescue centre in the heart of the largest rainforest in the world.