- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Costa Rica
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: None
- Program Length: Six Weeks, Four Weeks
- Start Month: January, March, April, July, September, October
- Category: Environmental Conservation
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Other
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
- Financial Aid: Not Available
- Minimum Cost: $3,000 - $4,999
The Discover Costa Rica program is a dynamic experience filled with adventure, immersion, and conservation efforts.
During this program, students will explore the stunning national parks, coffee growing mountains, and active volcanoes. The majority of their time will be spent on the Nicoya Peninsula on the northwest Pacific Coast. There, they will work alongside the local children and contribute to beach, forest, and turtle conservation. Then, they can expect to explore a cloud forest, refine their Spanish skills, and learn how to surf! The destinations may include the Jakera Camp, where students will spend their time at some of the world's top 10 best beaches. In addition to surfing and volunteering, students can look forward to exploring the local town, which is full of funky surf shops and nightspots.