- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Ecuador
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: None
- Program Length: Four Weeks
- Start Month: January, April, July, September
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: No
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Hotel
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
- Financial Aid: Not Available
- Minimum Cost: $1,000 - $2,999
The Leap's Gap Year program is perfect for students interested in cultural immersion and conservation of the environment.
For four weeks, students will explore Ecuador and become involved in local communities. Their journey will begin in the Andean city of Quito and end in the stunning Galapagos. They can expect to visit the Andes and the Santa Lucia Cloud Forest Reserve. There, they will participate in conservation projects that aim to empower the local people. Students will also help out with the development of an eco-farm that paves the way for sustainable living. Of course, there will be plenty of time for exciting outdoor activities such as white-water rafting down the Pastaza River, cycling through the Cotopaxi National Park, and much more! With this program, students will be able to be immersed in the Ecuadorian culture and create change in local communities.