- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Guatemala, El Salvador
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: None
- Program Length: Six Weeks, Four Weeks
- Start Month: January, April, July
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Homestay
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
- Financial Aid: Not Available
- Minimum Cost: $1,000 - $2,999
The Leap's Discover Guatemala program is an excellent opportunity for students looking for adventure, immersion, and a chance to help out the environment!
Throughout the program, students will be able to experience Guatemala in all its glory. From the string of majestic volcanos to the stunning crator Lake of Atitlan, the unique landscapes will surely be like nothing they've ever seen before. Students can expect to help with local conservation projects and refine their Spanish skills. Then, they'll embark on two adventures: hiking up a volcano and visiting El Salvador. The students' time will be split between the ARCAS turtle sanctuary and the town of Monterrico. They'll help out with turtle conservation initiatives and community development. At this end of the program, students will surely come out with improved Spanish skills, new friendships, and plenty of invaluable life experiences.