- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: Philippines
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Credit Awarded: None
- Program Length: Three Weeks
- Start Month: January, March, May
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Hotel
- Accreditation: Gap Year Association - Program
- Minimum Cost: $1,000 - $2,999
The Leap's Discover the Philippines program is perfect for students eager to learn about a new culture and have an adventure-filled time!
The Philippines are made of thousands of tiny islands, making it so incredibly unique and fascinating. Throughout this program, students will become immersed in the culture and engage with plenty of local people. There will also be plenty of chances to explore the Spanish-Filipino architecture, volcanoes, rice fields, beaches, and much more! Students can expect to visit Manila, the capital of The Philippines, as well as Legazpi City, home to an active Mayon volcano. In addition, students will help out with two different community conservation projects and learn to surf. This is truly the perfect opportunity for students looking for a diverse experience filled with adventure, immersion, and giving back to the local community.