- Listing Type: Gap Year Programs
- Destinations: India
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Program Length: Two Weeks
- Start Month: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Category: Community Service
- Selective: No
- Gender: Coed
- Ages: 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Housing: Homestay
- Application Fee: $199
Be a part of the Yoga and Volunteer Adventure Program in Palampur and experience life in the lap of the Himalayas. With the perfect amalgamation of adventure, peace, and philanthropy, this program is absolutely perfect for you, if you are looking for a retreat.
No matter whether you are a student or a gap year traveler, a backpacker or seeking a family holiday, you'd definitely gain some valuable insights about life from this journey. The program includes volunteer work, trekking adventure activity, yoga and meditation classes, and some explorations amidst the tea gardens. The volunteers would also have an optional Paragliding activity in Bir Billing.
- Experience the goodness of Yoga & Volunteering in the Himalayas for a span of 2 weeksPlay with the kids, teach them, beautify the center, and assist the local staff as a part of your volunteer work
- Indulge in yoga and meditation sessions, while living in the beautiful Himalayan village of Palampur
- Meet the locals, spend time with them to know about their culture and lifestyle
- Get a tour of the tea gardens and Buddhist monasteries in and around Palampur
- Go for a Himalayan trek in Bir Billing and try out paragliding
Volunteers must be 17 years or older at the time of joining the project. You need to have an open mind and a flexible attitude for working in a new and different environment. The volunteer should bring energy and enthusiasm to make a difference. Participants must be fit and healthy at the time of joining the program. Participants should have no criminal convictions and should provide a clean criminal background check report. A parental consent form shall be required for Under 18 participants joining the program.