Fort Worth Country Day (FWCD) is an independent, coeducational, nondenominational K-12 college-preparatory school located southwest Fort Worth.
The purpose of Fort Worth Country Day is to inspire the passion to learn, the courage to lead and the commitment to serve. Fort Worth Country Day School offers an advanced curriculum, comprehensive in its emphasis of the humanities, sciences, arts, and athletics. The School values diversity in its community and encourages openness of thought and freedom of inquiry. Through its program, the School seeks to develop enthusiastic, thinking, well-rounded, and responsible citizens equipped for success in college and life.
The School sees education as both a personal journey requiring guidance and a systematic process built upon knowledge, experience, and hard work. Collectively, these components promote understanding, imagination, and reason. The purpose, mission, and core values of Fort Worth Country Day unify the school community and guide everyday decisions and institutional policies. The School has high expectations for student achievement, parent support, and teacher performance. Success requires the community to work together with trust and confidence.
The core values of Fort Worth Country Day School set forth a standard of conduct that is the foundation of productive life. These values provide an ethical compass and give purpose to education.
- Integrity: consistency in thought and adherence in action to principles of truth, honesty, trustworthiness, and sincerity
- Kindness: acting with consideration, compassion, and empathy for others.
- Courage: internal strength enabling one to act, venture, or persevere in the face of difficulty.
- Respect: acting with fairness, courtesy, and sensitivity to others and the community
- Responsibility: acting in accordance with what is right in the absence of authority and being accountable for one's behavior to one's self and others
- Scholarship: establishing a foundation of knowledge and skills that enables higher cognitive processes.