- Listing Type: Private Schools
- Residency: Day
- Type: Special Needs, Therapeutic
- Grades Offered: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Country: United States
- Affiliation: The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
- CEEB: 100771
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships
One of the premier schools in Jacksonville, Greenwood offers ADHD support, dyslexia resources, and a full curriculum for students with learning differences and difficulties. Academic accommodations are tailored to meet students learning styles, and to lead from concrete skills to abstract thinking.
A Greenwood School Student:
- Is smarter than his or her grades reflect
- Has difficulty with organization and time management
- Cannot keep up with the written workload
- Needs a parent to spend 2 to 3 hours each night helping with homework
- May forget to turn in homework or loses classroom assignments
- Exhibits behavior that is conducive to a positive learning environment
Greenwood Schools academics are enriched by a humanities department that includes art, drama, music, and physical education. In addition, opportunities for technology instruction and implementation are available in the classrooms, the computer lab, and in the library/media center. Unlike other schools in Jacksonville, Greenwood School gives students a unique opportunity to learn in the style that suits them best: auditory, visual or hands-on. Whats more, every classroom at Greenwood School offers six laptop computers for in-room student use. Teachers and students benefit from a sophisticated network of media technology available in the classrooms and media center.
A rarity among schools in Jacksonville, Greenwood School is home to a remarkable natural environment. Ten acres of protected wetlands provide a backyard science lab that presents students with the opportunity to interact with nature up-close and in person.