- Listing Type: Private Schools
- Residency: Day
- Type: Private
- Grades Offered: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Country: United States
- CEEB: 53287
- Application Fee: $125
- Tution Day: $43,975
- Special Needs Served: Learning Differences, Autism Spectrum
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Payment Terms
New Roads is an Independent, K–12, college-preparatory school located in Santa Monica, California.
Weaving together the kaleidoscope of communities that makes up Los Angeles, we inspire our students to become creative thinkers, committed citizens, and compassionate human beings. Born of a felt responsibility to prepare young people for the world that awaits them, New Roads School seeks to spark enduring curiosity, to promote personal, social, political, cultural and moral understanding, to instill respect for the life and ecology of the earth, and to foster the sensitivity to embrace life's deep joys and mysteries.
New Roads School rests upon several fundamental commitments:
- Development of a diverse community in which all differences - personal, cultural economic, ethnic, racial - become a framework for learning and for bringing people together
- Recognition, appreciation, and encouragement of each persons full and unique human potential
- Academic excellence and excellence in artistic and physical expression
- Responsible and honorable participation in the larger ecological and social community
Our unique college preparatory program invites students to pursue knowledge with passion and with the courage to think independently, to question with clarity and purpose, and to act with humility and wisdom. We view education not as a race for the accumulation of facts, but as an opportunity for students to develop habits of mind and character, to nurture an ever-expanding awareness of the human situation, and to acquire the tools needed for effective personal, social, political and moral participation. Because intelligence expresses itself in many ways, it is our goal to inspire young people to develop and appreciate cognition, artistic and physical expression, imagination and creativity, compassion, intuition, and the value of personal understanding and wellbeing.