Founded in 1873 by the School Sisters of Notre Dame, Notre Dame Preparatory School is one of Baltimore's oldest Catholic, college preparatory schools for girls in grades 6-12, whose original mission is "to foster academic excellence, spiritual growth and practice of social justice in its student."
Notre Dame Preparatory School educates and empowers girls to become women who transform the world. As a Catholic, independent, college preparatory school for girls in grades 6 through 12, Notre Dame Prep inspires students to pursue academic excellence, spiritual growth and the practice of justice. Infused with the spirit of the School Sisters of Notre Dame and rooted in the teachings of the Catholic Church, the NDP community strives to answer Gods call to act justly, to love tenderly, and to walk humbly with God. (Micah 6:8)
Our Beliefs are as follows. We believe that:
- health in mind, body and spirit is witness to the sacred dignity of all persons.
- education grounded in the Gospel fosters wisdom and spiritual growth.
- single sex education develops confident women who are independent thinkers.
- a challenging and nurturing educational program best serves the needs of adolescents.
- tradition must be balanced by openness to change.
- demonstrating genuine personal integrity is at the foundation of the authentic self.
- direct experience of leadership develops courage and fortitude.
- commitment to experiences beyond the classroom is a critical part of self-discovery.
- respecting the dignity of all people creates a welcoming, trusting and compassionate community.
- intentional stewardship affirms the reality that we belong to a global community linked to all creation.
- our solidarity with the world calls us to serve persons who are marginalized.
- courageous pursuit of systemic change, wherever needed, will transform the world.