- Listing Type: Private Schools
- Residency: Residential
- Type: Private
- Grades Offered: 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Country: United States
- High School Admission Test: Not Required
- Affiliation: The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
- CEEB: 471492
- Tution Boarding: $36,974
- Enrollment: $150
- Percent Boarding: $100
- Financial Aid: Loans, Payment Terms
A coeducational, Baptist affiliated, boarding school providing a structured college-preparatory program to students in grades 8-12, Oak Hill Academy offers a safe, secure, nurturing environment for girls and boys needing a change in school, peer, community, or family relationships.
At Oak Hill Academy,There is No Such Thing as an Underachieving Child ... Only an Unmotivated One. Your teen is bright, but their grades have slipped. They're having difficulty in school, whether academically or socially. You feel they're squandering their potential, and you're worried about their future. They need a turning point in their lives.
Since 1878, Oak Hill Academy has transformed the lives of hundreds of unmotivated students. In the heart of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, our safe, co-ed boarding school combines structure with self-reliance, discipline with discovery, and a firm hand with a warm heart. Our curriculum challenges the brightest students and encourages those who are unmotivated or experiencing difficulty in their school setting.
In every life, there is a life-changing moment of discovery. It may be the sudden rush of confidence when you master something difficult. It may be the joy at finding a talent you didn't know you had. It may come from a passage in a book, a walk in the mountains, or something a teacher says that stays with you. Attending Oak Hill is also a turning point.
Our philosophy is based on four beliefs:
- Deep down inside, all children are good.
- Regardless of academic ability, every child is capable of success.
- All children would rather succeed than fail.
- Once a child gets a taste of success, he or she will want more.
Four simple beliefs. One dramatic result. A turning point in your child's life. And, maybe, in yours.