As a Catholic boys school of 320 young men in grades 7-12, I know that we deliver an exemplary education in a tight-knit community at Oratory Preparatory School. Our emphasis is on preparing our young men to become exceptional leaders, thinkers, and men of faith and action.
Oratory is a preparatory school within the Archdiocese of Newark. What makes Oratory special is our pursuit of academic excellence, our personalized approach to education and our Catholic heritage. While some schools see spiritual life as an "add on" to education, Oratory integrates its faith-based values into each day at school.
Some other ways that Oratory is proud of its Catholic heritage include:
- Annual retreats for all students in grades 7-12
- Annual March for Life trip to Washington, DC
- Community service: Bridges Runs to nearby cities and annual Souper Bowl
- Alumni Guest Speakers
- Theological training: each upper school instructor has his/her Masters Degree in theology
- Travelling Family Cross: families can sign up to have a special cross in their home for one week
- Liturgical offerings:Oratory provides for monthly liturgical opportunities for the entire school
- Unique programs: from Eucharistic Ministers Teams to the Retreat Team of seniors
- Personalized ministry: from the Blessing of the Lockers to the Blessing of Cars