- Listing Type: Private Schools
- Residency: Day, Residential
- Type: Private
- Grades Offered: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Country: United States
- High School Admission Test: Not Required
- Affiliation: The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
- CEEB: 331635
- IPED: 939786
- Tution Boarding: $72,000
- Tution Day: $53,500
- Enrollment: $671
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Payment Terms
The Masters School provides a challenging academic environment that encourages critical, creative, and independent habits of thought and a lifelong passion for learning.
Whether learning seminar-style around Harkness tables or in collaborative small groups, our students are shoulder-to-shoulder with their teachers and each other. Through this dynamic, Masters School students arrive at a deeper recognition of their learning: rather than a solitary exercise, they internalize learning as a dynamic process of mutually honing ideas while building critical thinking and communication skills.
By navigating the experiential classroom of New York City, students learn to find and mine unmatchable resources that fortify their classroom experiences and inspire them toward new discoveries and sharpened abilities.