- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Sub-Categories: Animals/Nature, Hiking, Water Sports
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Credit Awarded: No
Hike through the Shasta-Trinity Alps, one of the most beautiful wilderness areas we visit. Become an Alzar School student for a four-day introduction to river leadership while whitewater rafting the Middle Klamath River. Mountain bike and rock climb in the shadows of Mt. Shasta before preparing for a summit attempt. Backpack along secluded beaches of the Lost Coast. Finish your trip with a day hike among the world’s most majestic trees in Humboldt Redwoods State Park.
This classic California adventure is one of our favorite trips. Walk through glacial valleys and wildflower-dotted meadows, swim in alpine lakes, admire ancient redwoods, and hike on the magical and remote Lost Coast beach. Raft huge rapids, camp out on sandy beaches, and rock climb and mountain bike in amazing North Californian scenery while making lifelong friendships.