- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential, Online
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Four Weeks, Other
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Dance
- Selective: Yes
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Credit Awarded: Yes
American Ballet Theatres Summer Intensive has earned a reputation for being the most thorough and rewarding dance experience a student can have during the summer. The program offers top quality teachers that are dedicated to the learning process and growth of each individual student.
*Dancers may audition in person at one of the sites on our National Audition Tour, submit a video audition, or audition via Virtual audition on Zoom. Participation in the ABT Summer Intensive is by acceptance only.
Under the supervision of ABTs Artistic Director Kevin McKenzie and Artistic Director of Summer Intensives Melissa Allen Bowman, the program offers top quality teachers and master guest teachers that are dedicated to the learning process and growth of each individual student. Class size will be limited. Students participate in a minimum of four classes per day with ABTs renowned faculty, and enjoy a comprehensive curriculum that includes exposure to ABT artists, history and repertory. The ABT Summer Intensive focuses on developing well-rounded dancers by exposure to a wide variety of disciplines with an emphasis on classical ballet technique and key elements of ABTs National Training Curriculum.