- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 7th, 8th, 9th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Kayaking, Hiking, Water Sports
- Selective: No
- Ages: 13, 14, 15
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
Apogee's Maine Downeast Explorer is a spectacular program designed for young adventureres interested in backpacking, kayaking, and community service.
The trip will begin and conclude in Freeport, Maine, and last around two weeks. Some highlights of the trip include exploring the Acadia National Park, backpacking on the Appalachian Trail, and kayaking Casco Bay. Campers may also climb Maine's highest peak, Mount Katadin. They can also expect to give back to the community through cleaning up a coastal habitat. Participants will have plenty of opportunities to make friendships as they work as a team and live together throughout the trip. They'll surely come out of this adventure with lifelong friends, unforgettable memories, and lots of invaluable experience living and surviving in the outdoors.