- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Four Weeks
- Entering Grade: 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Theatre Arts, Filmmaking and Digital Media, Acting
- Selective: Yes
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Career Clusters: Arts, Audio/Video Technology, and Communications
- Credit Awarded: No
Discover the art of theatre-making with Summer Theatre Intensive! Train with professional playwrights, directors, and teaching artists in an interactive, four week camp for all levels. Dive into a diverse range of classes and electives, and as an ensemble, create an original play to be performed onstage.
Jump in and explore all elements of theatre-making in this dynamic four week intensive. During the first two weeks, students will dive into storyboarding their play ideas while taking daily ensemble-based classes including acting, improv, and stage combat.
Plus, students can choose from daily electives based on individual interests such as musical theatre, playwriting, and on-camera acting, along with weekly seminars in directing, dialects, and production disciplines such as sound design and lighting.
In the last two weeks, students shift into rehearsal mode with faculty and directors, fine tuning each groups play and focusing on staging, character development, and incorporating the skills learned in classes and electives. Groups enter daily rehearsals adding production elements such as lights, sound, and costumes, prepping for a professional performance.