- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Costa Rica
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Session Start: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Animals/Nature, Rock Climbing, Hiking, Water Sports, Whitewater Rafting
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
Travel to hidden waterfalls, through lush rainforests and along sandy beaches in one of the world's most diverse and wildlife-rich countries in the world! Our Costa Rica program combines adrenaline-inducing activities while also experiencing the pura vida lifestyle!
Costa Rica is home to dramatic contrasts in landscapes. In just a few short hours, you could be in the misty rainforests searching for exotic wildlife, hiking around the base of a towering volcano or learning to surf in the mighty Pacific Ocean. Simply put, there's no shortage of adventure-filled activities in Costa Rica!
Beyond the Map has designed several programs that will surely capture your imagination and ignite your curiosity as you journey through Costa Rica. Here are a few of the favorite memories our travelers have made while traveling with us in Costa Rica.
- Discovering a new home while camping in a cave behind a waterfall
- Embarking on a journey through the jungle while whitewater rafting
- Learning traditional Costa Rican recipes and how to make handmade crafts with a local family
- Searching for sloths, monkeys and toucans in the rainforest
- Uncovering a hidden world underground while caving
-Rappelling down a 100 ft water into the jungle
- Hiking to a remote village and impromptu soccer games with the local kids
What to Expect: Each of our programs are designed to host a small group (6-15 travelers). No giant tour buses or cattle herding! Our certified guides accompany the group 24/7 for added safety but also to be present for spontaneous conversations and learning opportunities. Speaking of learning- each of our trips incorporates learning opportunities that are focused around personal growth, leadership, cultural awareness and environmental sustainability. Many of our programs also include community service days as well.
For more information about our organization or our Costa Rica trips, please visit: https://www.beyondthemap.org/costaricateencamp