- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: Design, Engineering
- Selective: No
- Ages: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Call: (617) 283-4825
Students will be introduced to the Engineering Design Process through the design and fabrication of a small scale 3D printed race car. Research on aerodynamics and car design will inform each student’s car design as they fabricate, test and evaluate prototypes for a CO2 powered race car.
Students will be introduced to both hand and digital fabrication processes including the application of 3D modeling software to 3D printing. Testing of final prototypes will culminate in an actual head to head race competition.
This is the perfect program for those thinking about engineering school and those who wouldn’t necessarily take a traditional engineering program.This one-week summer program is designed for teens interested in design and engineering.