- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Session Start: June, August
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: Pre-Med, Bio Technology, Biology, Chemistry
- Selective: No
- Ages: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Call: (781) 431-2514
This one-week program is for students interested in understanding the process of drug discovery and development in the pharmaceutical and biotech industry. The program provides an introduction to the knowledge required for a potential career in the pharmaceutical industry.
Students learn Synthetic Chemistry techniques through hands-on synthesis of a simple drug molecule, its isolation, and purification.
The program allows students to learn Biotechnology in the center of one of the biggest pharmaceutical hot-spots in the nation. Our location gives the students the opportunity to engage in hands on experience and instruction from leading pharmaceutical and bio-tech professionals. This year we have lined up guest lectures from industry experts and a field trip to a biotech/pharma company.
This one-week summer program is designed for teens interested in biotech & business.
Cost and Session Information
Session 1: June 28-July 2, 2021
Gann/Bentley: Waltham, MA
Session 2: August 2-6, 2021
Dana Hall: Wellesley, MA