- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential, Online
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Academic
- Sub-Categories: Journalism, Literature, Pre-Med, Social Justice, STEM, Writing, Computer Science, Engineering, History, Neuroscience, Anthropology
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Call: (401) 863-7900
Summer@Brown offers more than 200 non-credit courses reflecting the wide range of Brown University’s Open Curriculum, and puts students in contact with ways of thinking, seeing and doing that challenge them to reflect deeply and think critically about their work, their learning and their lives.
With over 4,000 students attending across the many terms of the summer, coming from all 50 United States and over 70 different countries across the world, Summer@Brown students join a community of peers with just as broad and deep a variety of backgrounds and aspirations.
As part of a community of young scholars all engaged in the serious fun of learning – and without the extraneous pressure of formal grades and credit – in Summer@Brown students immerse themselves in subjects they choose and experience the satisfying challenges of college-level academics.
Outside of class, students participate in a full program of events and activities. Days and nights on Brown’s summer campus are filled with workshops, activities and events that inform them, engage them, and entertain them, helping them make new friends from around the world, learn to live independently and responsibly, and so further preparing them for college life and learning.