- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Two Months, Other, Three Weeks, Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Traditional Camp
- Sub-Categories: Water Sports
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13
- Minimum Cost: Free
- Credit Awarded: No
Every summer The Elizabeth Peabody House transports more than 100 children from Greater Boston to its 21-acre lakefront campus 30 miles south of Boston. We provide your child a true and traditional camp experience, enjoying the outdoors, participating in fun-filled activities, and making new friends. Find out more!
Camp Gannett, as it is known, is situated on the south shore of Lake Massapoag in Sharon. The spring-fed lake, adjoining swamp, open fields and shaded pine forests all offer campers a host of activities, from swimming, fishing and boating, to field trips, nature walks and more. The theme-based curriculum provides campers a chance to explore, engage and enjoy the great outdoors in a way that also safeguards against summer learning loss.
Camp Gannett also hosts a number of field trips throughout the summer, as a way of enriching the lives of all of our campers.