- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Six Weeks, Other, Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Agriculture, Hiking, Multi-Sports
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
- Credit Awarded: No
Welcome to Camp Glen Brook, a place of self-discovery, community, and nature connection since 1946. We offer summer, winter, and family camps, Gap semester programs, and school programs on our beautiful 250-acre forest and farm campus.
Programs available for grades 3-12!!
At Camp Glen Brook, we make time for joyful play, engaging connection, and meaningful work in ways that inspire all of our participants to become better acquainted with their best selves. How do we do that?
Learning Through Doing
Every program we design is rooted in a deep understanding of child development based on Waldorf education principles. This informs what projects or activities we take on with different groups, and what are the best ways to have fun together!
Everybody Knows Your Name
Our small size means that our participants know everyone on staff, and all the staff know every camper, student, or gapper. In practice, this means that our participants have many mentors to choose from during their time here. Before programming starts, this means we tailor what we do to who we’ll do it with. In the office, it means real people make calls on phones—imagine!
Home-Made, Home-Grown Food
Community is formed around the table, and we’re all about community. That is why we integrate our farm into all of our programming—including the dining hall. We regularly hear that our food is “the best I’ve ever had!” It’s even tastier when you’ve had a hand at growing, harvesting, or preparing what it is you are about to eat.