- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Other
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Multi-Arts, Circus Performing, Arts
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
- Credit Awarded: No
Camp Winnarainbow is a premier Northern California circus and performing arts summer camp that invites your camper to “run away with the circus!” We are committed to being a socially conscious program with amazing teaching artists and campers from every walk of life. We create an inclusive, accepting environment, and we utilize our creativity, diversity and passion to have BIG FUN and learn from each other.
At Camp Winnarainbow, campers choose from a wide range of activities and classes that encourage creativity, skills mastery, personal growth and physical development including Trapeze, Acting, Music, Cloudswing, Clowning, Dance, Spanish Web, Improvisation, Poetry, Gymnastics, Juggling, Songwriting, Stiltwalking (and falling) and much more.
On the stage and in the tipi, friendship building and acceptance are emphasized with the campers. Competition is de-emphasized. Healthy sportsmanship is supported during team sports, which include softball, ultimate frisbee, volleyball, soccer and basketball on our own regulation court donated by the Bill Graham Foundation with backboards supplied by former NBA star, Bill Walton.
The heart and soul of Camp Winnarainbow is learning to live in community:within the tipis and as a whole larger community. In the tipis, experienced counselors help their campers develop self-esteem and social/friendship skills through games, stories and bonding activities.