- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Japan
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Session Start: June
- Session Length: Four Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th, PG
- Category: Travel/Cultural Immersion
- Sub-Categories: College Application, Social Justice, Writing, Japanese, Career Exploration
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Application Deadline: 04/01/22
- Call: 800.225.4262
Spend your summer getting a global perspective! Study global issues through a Japanese context, earn college credit, and connect with your peers around the world. Learn conversational Japanese, explore vibrant Osaka and historic Kyoto through cultural activities and excursions, and immerse in local daily life while living with a host family. Cap off your amazing summer experience riding on the bullet train to visit Tokyo.
CET Global Perspectives is more than your typical educational travel program. Immersive housing, language learning, cultural activities, and seeing the sights are just the beginning. A summer with CET lets you take the experience further.
You examine how global issues impact local communities, exploring topics such as inequality, environmental sustainability, and public health. Course themes are brought to life through engaging out-of-class learning that connects you to experts and local networks. In addition to sharing the experience with your cohort in Japan, you also engage in an ongoing discussion with your peers on the program in 6 countries, making your takeaways even more global.
CET Global Perspectives: Japan includes:
- Course materials, activities, and excursions
- 20 hours of Japanese language lessons (no previous language experience required)
- All housing and meals, including a homestay during your time in Osaka
- College credit on an official transcript from Dickinson College
- Group travel to Kyoto and Tokyo
- Staff supervision and 24/7 support
Cost and Session Information
Session Dates: June 26 - July 19, 2022
Program Fee: $5,980
Priority, Financial Assistance, and Scholarship: Feb. 1, 2022
Final: April 1, 2022
CET is committed to increasing access to study abroad and global education experiences for high school students and makes every effort to provide awards to deserving students. All students are eligible to apply for financial assistance and scholarships through their online CET accounts.